**Emerson update**
They comfirmed yesterday that she has ALL (as oppossed to AML). Although serious, it has a much higher cure rate. This is great news! Pray hard for Emerson and her family!
This past weekend, we met my family down in the hill country. There is a Presbyterian retreat there called Mo Ranch. I spent many days there at church camp growing up. It was fun! We fished, swam in the river, canoed, drove around and looked at the beautiful scenery and shopped in Fredericksburg.
On Thursday, we met my parents in Llano to eat at Coopers barbeque. You pick your meat off the smoker and then take it inside and they slice it for you!Then someone suggested going to Enchanted Rock and for some reason I agreed. I had forgotten about this rock, but I quickly rembered how much I hate it after I saw it!!!! You climb this HUGE rock (takes about an hour) and there is no shade trees...it's a rock! Of course the entire way up my parents had to remind me about the kicking screaming fit I threw when I was about 12...the last time we went up. Thank goodness I have boys!
This is before we started the hike.Landon all sunscreened up and ready to go! Man, doesn't he have it easy?
Carter about a 1/6th of the way up.
We made it to the top!
On the way down....
Landon pooped after the exhausting hike!
Landon taking a bath in the sink. At first we didn't have a towel in the bottom, so it was slippery.
Which resulted in a fall and then he made this face...
A scenic stop on our drive...
This is Carter with Gran and Papa at the beer gardens in Fredericksburg.
Here we are on the VERY tall cat walk that crosses part of Mo Ranch. Very scary and very old!
The scene from the cat walk.
Carter trying to decide if he was going to brave the rope swing. Nope, he never did!
This is a slide that my Dad went down when he was a kid! I don't know if I quite trust it. Rich went down it...I didn't (I have in the past, but this part of the river was too cold for me).This is what you ride on going down...then when you hit the river, you jump across it like a skipping rock!
Brotherly love!
Here is the rapid part of the river near Mo Ranch. You have to canoe to it, but once you get there the water is as warm as a bath tub. We did a lot of swimming here. Here is Carter going down the rapid.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Mo Ranch
Posted by Susan P at 10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
LOOKS LIKE FUN!!!
Yes, that is a big ole rock!
So Carter will go down rapids but not a rope swing? silly boy.
Post a Comment