My DEAR Carter turns 5 today! Wow, how the years fly. Today we cooked Carter breakfast...he requested eggs and bacon. Lots of bacon! Then we took cookies for his class. I told him tonight that he could pick anywhere to eat. Of course he chose Chuck E. Cheese. So we are going to pick up Emma and all go to Grapevine Mills mall to build a bear first and then eat Chuck E. Cheese. He is so excited! His party will be on Saturday. I don't know what he will do once this week is over. He has had so much excitement going on this week.
TEN REASONS I LOVE MY CARTER!
1. I love the way you tell stories. The adjectives you use and the excitement in your voice make us laugh.
2. I love the CRAZY things you say....I could write for days about your jokes you tell or your sense of humor.
3. I love it when I finish getting ready and you say "Mommy, you look so pretty". And you are so sincere when you say it!
4. I love it when you and your Daddy make projects. You always love to work his Daddy. You guys have a special bond that warms my heart.
5. I love it when Daddy is out-of-town and you sleep in my bed. Only that when I come to bed, there is no room for me because you have loaded about 10 stuffed animals all on my side.
6. I love the way you pick up your toys when you finish playing. I can even hear you tell your friends upstairs that "you must always pick up your toys when you are finished".
7. I love it that no matter how big you have gotten, you always run to me when you are hurt because you know that Mommy will make it all better!
8. I love to see you get excited about everything. I love to watch the world through your eyes!
9. I love the hugs that you give so often. You have always been a hugger and a cuddler. And I love when you cuddle, that you still twirl you hair like when you were little.
10. What I love you most for is how you are such a GREAT big brother. A lot of people thought that when Landon was born you were going to have a hard time adjusting since you were an only for four years. I always knew that you would adjust okay. I just didn't know HOW well you were going to adjust. You have never been jealous of your brother (not one single time) and you always want to include him in EVERYTHING we do. You are such a protector over Landon. You watch him like a hawk to make sure he will not get hurt. I love to watch you console him when he is crying. So many times I have watched you lean over to pat his head or rub his hand when he is crying. Half the time you continue to watch your show or play with your toys while you are doing it. You just instinctly know that you need to do it. That, more than anything, makes me so proud. It shows a lot about your character. There are times you are hyper (often) and a bit stong-willed (ha-ha) but it shows me that you truly have a kind heart and soul. And that says a lot!
Happy Birthday Big Boy!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
I Have A Five Year Old!
Posted by Susan P at 11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay, call me crazy, but that totally choked me up. I love your top ten list! I am definitely going to have to copy that idea for the scrapbooks:-) I'm glad you're back!!
ok, i'm totally crying over here.
I love Carter for all those reasons too! He's a GREAT kid!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
Is kindergarten still going well? How do you like ERES? I taught summer school there and really liked it. A lot of people from the school and the principal were there, and they had a lot of great things to say about it.
I'm crying as if you wrote those wonderful about me. That was GREAT Sus. He will also cry when he is older and reads the kind things mommy said about him. Love ya
K, I'm thinking you're going to have a six year old by the time you get another post on here!!! :-)
Post a Comment